1. Cut a full piece of tissue paper in half width wise. Layer the pieces on top of each – the piece you place on top will be in the center of your flower. We used 2 layers of each color and cut the green sheets a little smaller then the rest to create a smaller center.
2. Take the green center, fold it length wise, and snip the edges. Unfold and place back in position of step 1.
3. Start folding your tissue paper in accordion style.
4. Complete accordion folding until you have reached the end.
5. Cut the ends with scissors to create a rounded petal look.
6. Attach a pipe cleaner in the center of your tissue paper. Twist the pipe cleaner to secure – make sure the twist is facing down to your bottom color, not your center color.
7. Open your flower with the green side up. Carefully pull one layer of tissue up towards the middle. Try to be as gentle as possible so you don’t rip the tissue.
8. Take your time and keep going!
9. You’re all done!
Get creative and make different sizes, and color combinations! Decorate the top of a present, or create an over sized bouquet for a fun Mother’s Day surprise!