Quality Assurance Manager - HK
We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Manager for our office in Hong Kong. Reporting to the Global Quality Manager based in our Halifax office, the Quality Assurance Manager will manage and maintain ORB™’s Global Quality Strategy. The ideal candidate will be highly organized with a proven ability to use strategic thinking and judgement. Working under challenging timelines, the successful candidate will bring with them a good understanding of Quality Assurance concepts and be able to articulate requirements to respective stakeholders and proactively plan for mitigating potential risks.
- Detect and prevent potential product Quality failures.
- Evaluate new products to ensure full compliance with defined legal and safety requirements.
- Conduct factory audits, report and provide recommendations.
- Develop preventive and corrective action plans at factory level and ensure implementation.
- Work with suppliers and product development team on Quality Assurance and Quality Control of production processes.
- In-house testing of samples and writing reports.
- Train HK Quality team members, factories and suppliers to ensure strict compliance to required quality standards with respect to both mandatory and customer requirements.
- Frequent travel to China factories.
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering / Quality Management; or related disciplines.
- At least 5 - 10 years’ experience in toy industry.
- Experienced with OEM/ODM toys items.
- Knowledge of global product testing standards.
- Ability to document quality system manuals, procedures, write report for management’s review, correspond with customers and overseas counterparts.
- Must be willing to work outside standard hours to accommodate multiple time zones.
- Frequent travel to China compulsory.
- Well organized, self-motivated and have strong sense of responsibility.
- Good command of spoken & written in English and Mandarin.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Please submit your resume & cover letter that demonstrates how your skills align with our work environment to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.